Monday, November 19, 2012

Dinner - What Should I do? Potatoes Casserole

-->

This is a recipe I made it out, I didn’t feel like cooking for hours and didn’t feel like eating takeout. Yes, I was having one of those days and those days you feel totally lazy. So I improvised. I call it Potatoes Casserole; here is my recipe:

4 cooked potatoes (roasted potatoes from the day before)
1 chicken breast (grilled breast from the before)
1 yellow pepper, julienned
1 red pepper, julienned
1 red small onion, julienned
1 cup of mushrooms, slices
¼ cup of mozzarella
¼ cup of white wine
Salt and pepper

·      Preheat oven at a 350-degree heat. Butter a baking dish (it doesn’t matter how big or small it is)
·      Since potatoes were already cooked, the only thing you have to do is sliced the potatoes as well as the chicken breast, reserve separately
·      Heat a saucepan with a tablespoon of olive oil, sauté vegetables stating with the mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Salt and pepper the mixture. When vegetables are cooked splash it with wine and let it simmer for 2 minutes, then reserve
·      Start layering the baking dish with the sliced potatoes, chicken, vegetables mixture and top it with the mozzarella.
·      Bake for 30 minutes then serve.
 Potatoes Casserole

No comments:

Post a Comment