Monday, December 31, 2012

White Rice with Corn For Monday Dinner

Rice is something that it can't missed in my household. Where I come from it's a tradition and I'm talking everyday rice dinner, unbelievable, but it's true. I was tired of eating plain old white rice so I added some corn and I think it's a winner because everybody liked. Hope you like as much as I did.

1/2 cup of canned corn
1 1/2 cup of long grain rice, uncooked
2 1/2 cup of water
2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Salt to taste


In a medium heat, heat your rice pot and heat the oil with the garlic for about 2 minutes or until garlic is translucent. Then add the corn and let it cook for 2 minutes. Add the water, when it breaks into a boil add the rice and whisk. When the water drys from the rice stirs and  put the lid on the rice pot and let cook for about 25 minutes. Serve while it's warm

No comments:

Post a Comment