Monday, September 24, 2012

Rice and Mango Salad

                 
Rice and Mango Salad

-->
I love to do this dish because the sweet and acidic flavor of the dish makes it so complex. I would say this is more like a salsa than a salad. Nobody thinks of rice as salad especially where I come from, rice is always something to be as an accompaniment to the main course or a main course itself. Hope you love this recipe as I do.

1 Mango, cubes
1 Avocado
2 Tomatoes
1 Red Onion
2 Cup of cooked rice (preferably long grain)
1 Cooked chicken breast, cut into cubes
1 Tablespoon of lemon juices
1/3  cup of cilantro

 Dressing
1 Teaspoon of mashed garlic
 2 Tablespoon of olive oil
2 Tablespoon of lemon juice
1 Tablespoon of white sugar
Pinch of Salt
2 Teaspoons of black pepper

This is a really easy recipe because the only thing you need to do is to cut everything and mix. One thing, though, I do when doing this salad is I cut the avocado last and mix it with the one tablespoon of lemon juice and then add it with the rest of the ingredients.
For the dressing, I mix all the ingredients and refrigerate for about one hour.  The dressing is always good to do it ahead of time and there you have a fast rice and mango salad. I'll love to hear from you, comments and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment