Monday, January 14, 2013

Savory Mac And Cheese - For Monday Dinner

This is a very sought after American dish, but unfortunately not everybody knows how to make it flavorful. This is my own recipe after an experience I had in a restaurant when I ordered a Southerner styled mac and cheese. One of the things I don't like about the cheese sauce for  the mac and cheese is the after taste of flour, so in this recipe I did my best to erase that particular taste.  I hope I'd like this recipe.

  3 Cups of elbow pasta
  2 Tablespoons of cheese cream
  1 Tablespoon of butter
  1 Tablespoon of olive oil
  1 cup of milk (I love milk but I'm lactose intolerant that's why I put a little of it to this recipe)
  2 cups of chicken stock
  1 clove of garlic, minced
  1 1/2  mild Cheddar
  1 small onion
  1 small red pepper
  1/2 cup of basil (optional)
  salt and pepper


  1.  Cooked pasta as directed. Butter a baking dish.
  2. Take the onion and red pepper and add them to a food processor until it looks like a saucy mix.
  3.  In a saucepan, add butter and olive oil and sautee garlic for few seconds. Then add the onion and pepper mix, cook it for few minutes.
  4.  Add milk and chicken stock  when it breaks into a boil add about a cup of the cheese, let dissolve the cheese and take off from the heat. Please salt and pepper and taste to check flavor.
  5. Add basil to the cheese sauce and the pasta. Now spread the mix in the baking dish and top it with rest of the cheese. Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 Fahrenheit degree. Serve warm.  
  6.  
     
    Nikon Coolpix L810 16MP 26X Optical Zoom Black Digital Camera (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment